Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Fuck You, I Love Annie!

The sun WILL come out tomorrow, because you know what?
Fuck you, I love Annie.

The Annie soundtrack from the 1982 flick will forever be special to me.  I've had that record since I was a kid, and while some grown men may be embarrassed to know all the words to all the songs, I'm not.  Because fuck you, I love Annie.

The Annie remake from a couple years ago with Jamie Foxx? Nope. I watched that awful movie.  What a horrible piece of shit.  It definitely tries, I mean, don't get me wrong, that movie has good intentions, but they should have called it something other than Annie.  Because at the end of the movie, I looked at the TV screen and said, "Fuck you, I love Annie."

The one from the 90s... "A Royal Adventure" or whatever it was called.  Heck nope.  Double heck nope!

Give me Carol Burnett, Tim Curry, and Albert Finney.
And goddamit, give me Punjab!
Fuck you, I love Punjab.
Love.
Punjab.

I love the movie Annie so much that I'm going to write a haiku about it right now.
I love the movie
Annie, because it is great
Fuck you, I love it
Did you see that? That right there was love.  Love, goddamit.  Love for the movie Annie.  Oh sure, I love other movies too.  And even though Annie isn't my favourite movie of all-time, and not even in my top ten, it's a different kind of love that I have for it.  The kind of love that you can profess to the world, assuming the whole world is actually listening.  If you love Annie enough, the world will listen.  They'll listen, because fuck you - I love Annie.

Do you love Annie too?  Not that it matters.  If you do, hey great for you.  If not, I've got plenty of love for Annie.  If you do love Annie and someone tries giving you a hard time about it, just tell them, "Fuck you, I love Annie."

Thanks for reading!
-ryan
Because you're never full dressed without a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment