Monday, February 22, 2016

The Elvis Interview

 I had the great opportunity to chat with Elvis, and here's how it all went down...

Ryan: Hey King! First off, I wanna say just how much of an honor this is for me. I have always been a big fan of your music.

Elvis:

Ryan: Uh... okay. I guess you're probably a little shy, seeing as how you haven't really been in the spotlight that much over the last few years.

Elvis:

Ryan: How do you feel about the recent re-mixes of your songs? Is today's generation so over-glittered with stars like Britney, Justin, and Patsy Cline that there just isn't any room for the King anymore?

Elvis:

Ryan: That's okay. It's a hard question. I'll give you some time to think it over. But while you're here, I just want you to know that I'm a big fan of the song Suspicious Minds. May I ask where the inspiration for that song came from?

Elvis:

Ryan: Uh... not much of a talker there, are ya King? That's fair. I mean, someone of your talent and super stardom probably doesn't want to be associated with a half-talent like myself.

Elvis:

Ryan: Okay, moving along. Last year the music industry was saddened by the sudden death of the great David Bowie. How does that make you feel, especially since you're career has had the same kind of longevity? Do you think you'll be remembered after death in the same way that Mr. Bowie is?

Elvis:

Ryan: Do you ever look back upon it and say to yourself, "Wow, I can't believe the influence I've had on other artists over the years..."?

Elvis:

Ryan: Who would you say are your biggest influences?

Elvis:

Ryan: Uh... have you ever had influenza?

Elvis:

Ryan: Well, golly, look at the time! I really should get back to finishing up my new poem "Jailbait Rock". I want to thank you so much for your time, your patience today, and everything you've contributed to so many people's lives. Hope to see you around again sometime.

Elvis: Thank you. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment