Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Just Say You Love Me


Written by Ryan Matthew Ewing

I can't believe you came to Paris
Was it just to see me?
I held you so tight to never let go
Freshly-squeezed, I'm so greedy
I stared while you left again
I love watching you work
I scribble your name in my office
Reporting about you is my perk

Just say you love me
I will not kneel before another
When my world crumbles around me
I know you'll be my saviour

Remember when we pretended we were married?
See, you CAN read my mind
Sorry to make you sleep on the complementary couch
How could I have been so blind?
And you're the one with the specs
Two become one, freshly-squeezed
I see this only getting more complex
But for now, let's be pleased

I watched you voluntarily lose your world
You looked so in pain it made me cry
You did it all for me... for us
And we made love just you and I
Freshly-squeezed, start a life together
"Excuse me sir, would you care to step outside?"
The odds, three to one, but still you win
My heart collapses when worlds collide

I didn't close my eyes at all last night
You tell me that I'll meet somebody
Only you makes me feel like I'm flying
I'm jealous that you belong to everybody
Freshly Squeezed, I want us to be
I don't know what to say
Just say that you love me

One last kiss, I'll forget it all

No comments:

Post a Comment