Saturday, February 13, 2016

Batman Cereal

Will it taste like justice?
About a week or so ago I wrote all about the new Superman cereal to promote Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice.  My daughter pretty much devoured the box and then asked if we could try to the Batman cereal as well.

I was hesitant because, well, I didn't really like the idea of chocolate and strawberry together.  It just wasn't my cup of tea.  Or bowl of cereal in this case.  Regardless, she asked me about twenty times if we could get it, so I picked up a box of it.  And another box of Superman cereal.  That shit was tasty.

You should have seen her face when I picked her up from the school bus and told her I had secured a box of Batman cereal.  She lit up like a bat-signal.

The next morning when I woke her up I used the cereal to my advantage.  You see, Ryleigh is almost five years old but she's already exhibiting signs that she's a teenage girl.  Getting her out of bed in the morning should pretty much be an Olympic event and The Lovely Wife and I deserve at least silver and bronze medals for our efforts every day.

But I had an ace up my sleeve.  Or maybe a joker card would be more fitting.

"Ryleigh, wake up.  It's time to get ready for school."
".... still tired..."
"Get up. Go pee.  Brush your teeth.  Not at the same time, though.  Your mom gave me trouble for that once.  Apparently it's gross."
"...I just wanna stay in bed...."
"Remember, there's Batman cereal downstairs..."

"See kids, if you ask your parents enough times for something they'll cave in and get it for you every time"
She was downstairs in less than five minutes.

So we all had a bowl of this chocolaty-strawberry-cereal.  Well, not my son Grayson.  He likes his cereal to be just scattered all over the goddamn high chair tray.  Good thing he eats his cereal dry.  Just like daddy.  At first glance, the Batman cereal looks better than the Superman cereal.  You can actually tell this is supposed to represent the Dark Knight.

"It tastes like my parents are dead!"
The taste?  Not bad.  I didn't go wild for it.  Ryleigh, who likes milk on her cereal, got halfway through her bowl of Batman cereal and asked me to remove the milk.  Hmm.  Okay, and after the milk was gone she ate it right up.

So there's all this hype around the movie, and who's going to win the fight between Batman and Superman.  You can hashtag on Twitter who you think will win, and blah blah blah.  I don't think either of them will win in the movie, because they need to put the Justice League together.  None of that matters though, because we're talking about cereal.

Naturally, with the competition in the movie it seems only fitting to pick which cereal was better.  Everyone's taste buds are a little different, remember.  The next morning when I woke Ryleigh up for breakfast I asked her if she wanted some more Batman cereal.

"Nah, I think I'll have Superman cereal this morning."

Folks, we have a winner.

Thanks for reading!
- ryan

Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na no artificial flavoring!

No comments:

Post a Comment