Friday, October 10, 2014

What I'm Thankful For

What I'm Thankful For...

I'm thankful that I comes before E, except after C or when it sounds like A.

I'm thankful that my liver, kidneys, lungs, aorta, large intestine, and small intestine have yet to form a union and continue to work round the clock, seven days a week.

I'm thankful that my cat will outlive my wife's dog.

I'm thankful for bacon bits.  The real ones, not those simulated non-bacon-flavored things.

I'm thankful for sunsets.  Mostly because that sun is a hard working sonofabitch and deserves some downtime.

I'm thankful that things such as "Best Before" dates on milk are really just guidelines and that I can still rely on my sense of taste and smell to determine if I should drink that milk or not.  The milk man ain't gonna keep me down today!

I'm thankful that my cable box gives me the same channels in regular and HD, in the event that I might be feeling retro and want to watch a show in crappier quality than what is available to me.

I'm thankful that I'm tall enough to reach everything that is up high in my house, even though, yes, I did put those things up at that height knowing full well that I could reach up and grab them whenever I wanted.  It's just nice to feel successful.

I'm thankful for whoever first mixed chocolate and peanut butter together.

I'm thankful for Full House on DVD.

I'm very thankful
That I can show off my thanks
In haiku format

- ryan
...and I'm thankful for moments like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment