Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Letter to Crayola Crayons

Dear Mr. Crayola,

Together forever, it's true?
I'd like to think you couldn't imagine a world without color.  Oh, what that must be like.  Terrible, I'd imagine.  Just terrible.  It's why, I assume, over the years you've released so many different crayons in a wide variety of shades and colors.

I shit you not, when I was a kid I had a silver crayon and I wouldn't let anyone else use it. I thought it was amazing.

But recently I've come across two crayons while my daughter was coloring at a restaurant.  You can see the picture of them.  Yes sir, you see correct.  You have one crayon named "Red Violet" and another one named "Violet Red."

Let me just say that I have no problem spending my hard earned money on quality products and services... but seriously, Mr. Crayola... what the frig?

HOW ARE THESE NOT THE SAME BLOODY THING?

The names are just flipped.  The color is clearly different, but the names are essentially brothers from another mother.  I'm disappointed in your level of creativity - especially since you're responsible for such crayon names as Atomic Orange, Blizzard Blue, Cerulean, Fuzzy Wuzzy, Jazzberry Jam, and many others.

I propose you change the name of either "Red Violet" or "Violet Red" to something more catchy to reduce any further chance of confusion.

Here are a few suggestions for a new name: Period Red, Monthly Discharge Red, Bloody Nose Monkey, Jazzy Tampon, Toxic Shocking Fuchsia, and Easy Applicator Ambrosia.

You don't have to select one from my list of suggestions, but c'mon, Toxic Shocking Fuchsia would be the first crayon I reached for every time.  It might even replace my silly old "silver" one.

Thanks in advance for making the world a better place,

- ryan

PS - why do you even bother with a white crayon?

No comments:

Post a Comment