Thursday, August 21, 2014

Twelve Years

...here's a new mushy poem.  If you're looking for the usual dick n' fart jokes, you won't find them in this one.  So there.  You've been warned.

Twelve Years
written by Ryan Matthew Ewing

Twelve years gone by ain't really much more than young history
All the tears and smiles of joy and pain they flood and reminisce you see
I threw a fit when I first saw you cause your body was a mystery
And I knew I was in for it when you gave your sweet kiss to me

There are times I don't think you notice me still staring in your eyes
And then I'm foolishly gazing off at you like an early sunrise
Some days I get so lonely sitting right beside you
Always remembering what it was like living inside you
The moments come and go, but priorities came and came
And my heart is trained
To love you for all time, keep alive the burning flame
We journey on and on unsure of just what's coming next
And my heart is patient
I've got all the years in the world for you and time is so complex

Twelve years of young history
You're still my mystery
Just give your kiss to me

No comments:

Post a Comment