Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Letter To The Pink Power Ranger

Attention: Babysitter needed.

Hey there Pink Ranger,

I know you're probably really busy saving the world right now from that red dude with the big Z on his head, but my wife and I are in dire need a babysitter this weekend.

You see, Rick Astley is in town for his "Still Never Gonna Give You Up" world tour, and it's something we really don't want to miss out on.

We've had other babysitters, and yeah, they've been great.

But there's just so much darned danger in the world these days that we think our child would be best left in the hands of you Pink Ranger.

If a burglar came into the house you could give him a big karate kick.  At bedtime you could recount your adventures to our daughter as a nighttime story.  I understand that you've got a commitment to your Power Ranger team, but honestly, there's like a dozen of you jumping around fighting the bad guys all at once, isn't there?  I'm sure they could do without you for a couple hours on a Saturday night.

The wifey thinks I've selected you, Pink Ranger, because you're the best looking girl on your team, but I assure you that I've already gone over the list of your qualifications with her, and this isn't some cheap attempt to have a college girl in our place at late hours of the night while I leave the liquor cabinet unlocked.

That thought didn't even cross my mind.

We pay babysitters pretty decently, and we should really only be gone for three hours.  Four at the most.  I mean, we're gonna try and hang out backstage with Mr. Astley but we're not counting on it.  Our daughter isn't one of those bubble kids either.  You know the kind - they can't eat anything, breathe anything, do anything, or be placed in direct sunlight.  She's an easy going kid.  And she's potty trained.

Also, it's open season on the food in the refrigerator.  Help yourself to whatever you'd like to eat.

Please let us know right away if you're available.  We also asked Sailor Moon, and she said she could, but you're our number one choice.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment