Thursday, September 26, 2013

Okay, I Had A Crush on Blossom

...some people might consider this to be a dark spot in their past, but fuck it, I've got no problem sharing the truth.  Yes sir, I had a crush on Blossom when I was a kid.

Chance are many of you don't remember Blossom Russo, from NBC's sitcom that also starred Joey "Whoa" Lawrence.  But I'm certain you would recognize her from The Big Bang Theory as Sheldon's 'girlfriend' Amy.  And you know what?  She's still pretty hot today.

That wasn't the punchline.  You can stop the laughter at any time.

Even as a kid I took a lot of flack for having a crush on Blossom.  Most of the boys at school would argue that Blossom's best friend and next door neighbor, Six, was the beauty on the show.  And they were right.  By TV standards, there's always one stand-out babe on the show to attract our prepubescent minds.

Saved By The Bell had Kelly Kapowski.  The Bundys were all about Kelly Bundy.  Even Full House had DJ Tanner as the shining star (though I maintain Stephanie Tanner was my first celebrity crush).  It's not that Jessie Spano or Lisa Turtle weren't attractive girls at all, no, they just stayed in the shadows.

And that's how it was with Blossom.  But there was always something funky and cool about her that I just dug.

Okay, I had a crush on Blossom.  So sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment