Saturday, September 7, 2013

I Just Wanna Punch Dora (and a few others) Right In The Mouth

...have you ever sat through an episode of Dora The Explorer?  You have?  I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you surely understand the feeling I get whenever I see her - I just want to punch her right in her stupid freaking mouth.

...it's like a target.  For my fist.
Now, it's pretty common for parents to have a hate-on for certain cartoon characters.  I think it all started with Barney in the early 90s.  That was the turning point.  At that point it's like all the goodness that lived within the confines of Sesame Street ceased to exist and was replaced by our anger towards fictional characters.

Now, I hardly think it's as bad today as it has been over the past twenty years or so.  With new shows like Bubble Guppies, Octonauts, Jake & The Neverland Pirates, and a few others, it's actually become kind of enjoyable to watch some of your children's shows with them.

But then I see stupid Dora on TV and I just wanna punch her in the mouth.

 She's not the only one, either.  I find myself telling Mike The Knight to go fuck himself when his theme song starts to play. 

...let the swearing begin.
Then there's Caillou...that whiny little bitch.  I've stop letting my daughter watch Caillou.  That little brat whines and cries until he gets whatever he wants.  That boy needs to learn the value of hard work.  Caillou needs to be sent off to war.  That's the only logical solution.

I guess I'm lucky that my kid actually enjoys reading books with me, and we spend lots of time flipping through pages of Dr. Seuss and Robert Munsch.  But let's face reality.  Television is a quick solution for any parent trying to do the dishes, tidy up the house, make supper, do the laundry, etc etc etc.  But it just seems like Mike The Knight is always on.

I think the only thing that could make me change my mind about Mike The Knight is if he punched Dora in the face for me.  Like, BAM - right in the mouth.

But then I wouldn't have the satisfaction of doing it myself.

- ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment