Thursday, June 25, 2015

Remembering My High School Graduation

It's that time of year, that everyone seems to be graduating from high school.  Well, everyone except for those couple kids in your class who you knew weren't going to quite make it.  It's a good thing Wal-Mart is hiring.

Anyway, I thought I'd take today to reflect upon my own high school graduation.

To put it in perspective, when I graduated high school the Ryan Fan Club had only been around for six months and had approximately seventy-five or eighty card carrying members in it.  I had really awesome long hair.  I wore jeans to my graduation ceremony.  They were red.  I had figured that since the gown would be covering my legs anyway that it didn't matter.  I might as well be me anyway.

"I hope you're not planning on pulling another stunt like that cartwheel thing you did at Awards Night," said the principal to me as I was getting my gown on.  He was referring to the cartwheel I did when I accepted some certificate for achieving an average in my grades that wouldn't ever really matter for anything ever anyway.

"Let's both be happy I'm wearing pants," I replied and went to get a rolled up piece of paper in front of my adoring fans and their families.  I didn't do the cartwheel.  I bent down to make it look like I was going to, but then pretended to tie my shoe instead.

I don't honestly remember much else about graduation.  It was really long and I think afterwards my parents took me to East Side Mario's for dinner.  There was a graduation party on a local cruise ship, with dinner and a DJ and a bunch of drunk high school kids.  I actually remember more of that than I do the graduation ceremony.  It's funny when you look back and realize what was actually important in life.

- ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment