Thursday, June 27, 2013

Standing Ovation

...you just hold on a sec and I'll give it back.
...and here's a brand new poem called "Standing Ovation" for all the heart-breakers out there!

She said I best soon see a doctor
Cause she gave me a standing ovation
She told me that I really rocked her
And now I need some medication
Oh yeah, she always gives her loving for free
To the others, yeah, but never for me
And in my blindness I can finally see
That I unlocked the door with the wrong key

I saw her two hands clap together
When she gave me a standing ovation
And so I braced for stormy weather
To spread across the gypsy nation
Oh yeah, this kinda lovin' comes with a price
And you can leave it to the toss of the dice
...really?  For me?
But there ain't much time so better think twice
Yeah, a smarter man would listen to his own advice

It's a slow down, drag out, cool determination
With a knock down, get up, standing ovation
And the crowd is goin' crazy tryin' to find it's new beat
And they're swimming in an ocean full of crowded defeat
And you think you're so right but you're left in the calm
Until you're head over heels
And explode like a bomb
With a standing ovation

And that, as they say, is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment