Saturday, November 3, 2012

"should've called"

... here's a new piece of writing called "Should've Called".  I might turn it into a song at some point, but I haven't decided yet.

"Should've Called"
(written by Ryan Matthew Ewing)

... so I guess this is really good-bye
And we all know it's hard sometimes
To walk away and try not to cry
Lookin' back on all the love
All those years
And see your reflection
In the tears in my eyes

And I should've called when I had the chance
I should have made more time for you and me
Left to a loss for words with an empty stare
And I really should have been there
I really should've called

So far I've been able to hide the pain
And it's harder each passing day to stay strong
Without your voice to ease the strain
Time passes away
Then it hits me that you've really left
And my only comfort is the rain

And I should've called when I had the chance
It's never too late until it's too late
Cause love shouldn't get tired and fade away
No, I can't ever get back that yesterday
I really should've called

And it only ever comes in a wave
All is fine n' dandy in the memories we've saved
It's all I've ever known
I'm forgetting it all, when I try to reach out
To learn I'm here alone

And I should've called when I had the chance
I should have just found a way to make more of a try
So I guess this is really good-bye...

No comments:

Post a Comment